Whether you’re celebrating, nursing a broken heart, unwinding in a bubble bath or just cooking your favorite steak, wine is often the common denominator. Aside from savoring its full robust flavor, we also have a lot to say about wine.
And it’s not just us. Everyone from Hemingway to Churchill has had something to say about the drink that is commonly referred to as the nectar of the Gods. Is your pick white? Red? Even pink? Either way, wine is as popular now as it’s ever been.
When it’s time to post your dinner pics on your favorite social media site or enthrall your party guests with some chatter, wouldn’t it be great if you could break the ice with a quirky, funny or even classy quote about your favorite drink? Keep reading for a few famous, funny and memorable wine quotes through the ages!
A Lot to Say About All Things Wine
Anyone who enjoys a glass or two of their favorite wine enjoys a good quote about wine. Since there are so many to choose from, you will definitely not be spoilt for choice! If you’re a true wine enthusiast, these quotes will touch your soul pretty much the same way a good vintage does.
Social Media Wine Captions
Aside from a good wine, many people also have their love for social media in common. We like to post pics of our daily lives in a strange effort to validate ourselves in this ever-crazy world. Some of the most popular pictures uploaded include snaps of us having a good time and if our friends are included, it’s even better!
What’s better than a snap of friends having a good time? A delicious glass of wine in hand! It gets better when you have a quirky quote or one-liner to add. Here is a list of our favorite wine captions.
- “I make grape decisions.”
- “Wine a little, laugh a lot.”
- “You can’t sip with us.”
- “Everything is better with wine!”
- “Just here for the Riesling!”
- “I’m so grapeful for you.”
- “Everything happens for a Riesling right?”
- “Great minds drink alike.”
- “Wine flies when you’re having fun.”
- “I don’t complain, I just wine.”
- “Time to wine down.”
- “Love the wine you’re with.”
- “A good day starts with coffee and ends with wine.”
- “Be kind, and re-wine.”
- “I’m not a wino. I’m a wine YES!”
- “I enjoy long romantic walks down the wine aisle”
- “Oops! Did I buy wine instead of milk again?”
Also Read: 20 Best Romantic Wines for Any Occasion
Classy Wine Quotes
You might not need a quote for your social media but for a poster in your bar. You might even want to print a classic wine quote on a wine glass or placemat as a gift. If that’s the case, you’re going to love the ones we found. Keep reading to find your favorite.
- “Wine is bottled poetry.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
- “Wine & friends are a great blend.” – Ernest Hemingway
- “All wines should be tasted. Some should only be sipped, but with others, drink the whole bottle.” Paulo Coelho
- “This home runs on love, laughter, and really good wine.” Anonymous
- “Wine brings to light the hidden secrets of the soul.” – Horace
- “The connoisseur does not drink wine but tastes of its secrets.” – Salvador Dali
- “Wine is, perhaps the closest thing the planet has to an elixir of life.” – Thom Elkjer
- “Wine is sunlight held together by water.” – Galileo
- “Wine is the most civilized thing in the world.” – Ernest Hemingway
- “Beer is made by men, wine by God.” – Martin Luther
- “Wine makes daily living easier, less hurried, with fewer tensions and more tolerance.” – Benjamin Franklin
- “Wine is constant proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy.” Benjamin Franklin
- “Wine brightens the life and thinking of anyone.” – Thomas Jefferson
- “With wine and hope, anything is possible.” – Spanish Proverb
- “Wine is the thinking person’s health drink.” – Dr. Phillip Norrie
- “A bottle of wine contains more philosophy than all the books in the world.” – Louis Pasteur
- “Wine makes every meal an occasion, every table more elegant, every day more civilized.” – Andre Simon
- “Wine in a bottle doesn’t quench thirst!” – George Herbert
- “Wine – it should be enjoyed for the benefits of the souls – and nothing more.” – Peter Fiduccia
- “Wine has been part of civilized life for seven thousand years. It is the only beverage that feeds the body, soul and spirit of man and at the same time stimulates the mind.” – Robert Mondavi
- “A meal without wine is like a day without sun.” – Anthelme Brilliant-Savarin
- “Wine is a living liquid containing no preservatives. Its life cycle comprises youth, maturity, old age and death. When not treated with reasonable respect it will weaken and die.” – Julia Child
- “Wine can be a better teacher than ink, and banter is often better than books.” – Stephen Fry
- “We are all mortal until the first kiss and the second glass of wine.” – Eduardo Galeano
Wine Instagram Captions = Hashtag Fun!
Instagram is all the rage. Who doesn’t like to post a happy pic sharing your fun with everyone else? After all, we want everyone to know we have an active and fun social life.
When there’s wine in the picture, everyone viewing your latest pic knows it’s fun all around! We already shared a few popular social media captions, but what about a few more one-liners to add to your latest hashtag!
- #Love at first sip
- #Be there in a Prosecco
- #Put a cork in it!
- #Aged like a fine wine!
- #Partners in wine
- #Cloud wine
- #Nine to wine
- #But first, wine
- #Grape depression
- #Uncork & unwind
- #Home is where the wine is
- #Rosé all-day
- #Buy the good wine
- #Save water, drink wine
- #Wine not!
- #Pour on!
- #Sip with us
- #Wine flies when you’re having fun
- #No wine left behind
- #Gone with the wine
- #Wine is my Valentine
- #Wine or die
- #Wine Wednesday
- #Good friend Merlot
- #5 0 clock somewhere
Funny Wine Captions and Quotes
When you’ve had a few glasses of your favorite wine, you might want to share a few funnier quotes with your fellow wine enthusiasts. Some of the ones bound to give you the giggles are listed below.
- “Age is just a number. It’s irrelevant unless, of course, you happen to be a bottle of wine.” – Joan Collins
- “I only drink wine on days that end with a ‘y’!” – Anonymous
- “My only regret in life is that I did not drink more wine.” – Ernest Hemingway
- “Today’s forecast: Sunny with a chance of wine!” – Anonymous
- “There’s a Riesling for everything!” – Anonymous
- “Madame, I may be drunk, but you are ugly, and tomorrow I will be sober.” Winston Churchill
- “I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food!” – WC Fields
- “I don’t have a beer belly, I have a wine barrel.” – Anonymous
- “Never, never trust anyone who asks for white wine. It means they’re phonies.” Bette Davis
- “I’m like old wine. They don’t bring me out very often, but I’m well preserved.” – Rose Kennedy
- “I made wine out of raisins so I wouldn’t have to wait for it to age.” – Steven Wright
- “Either give me more wine or leave me alone.” – Rumi
- “Wine – because it’s not good to keep things bottled up.” – Anonymous
- “When the wine is in, the wit is out.” – Thomas Becon
- “Penicillin cures, but wine makes people happy.” – Alexander Fleming
- “A gourmet meal without a glass of wine just seems tragic to me somehow.” – Kathy Mattea
- “Men are like wine – some turn to vinegar but the best improve with age.” – Pope John XXIII
- “I make wine disappear – what’s your superpower?” – Unknown
- “Sarcasm is like cheap wine, it leaves a terrible aftertaste!” – Dana Perino
- “I don’t do karaoke. I don’t dance, even at weddings. I’m the grumpy one sitting down drinking wine.” – Ricky Gervais
- “In wine, there’s wisdom, in beer, there is Freedom, in water there is bacteria.” – Benjamin Franklin
- “My nose itched, and I knew I should drink wine or kiss a fool.” – Johnathan Swift
- “Alcohol may be man’s worst enemy, but the Bible says, love your enemy.” – Frank Sinatra
- “An empty bottle of wine is better than a filled one. It shows achievement.” – Anonymous
- “Quickly, bring me a beaker of wine, so that I may wet my mind and say something clever.” – Aristophanes
- “I drink to make other people a lot more interesting.” – Ernest Hemmingway
One of Plato’s most popular quotes on the thirst-quenching nectar of the Gods was – “Nothing more excellent or valuable than wine was ever granted by the Gods to man!” If you’re a wine enthusiast, you’ll no doubt agree. We hope you enjoyed the fun and quirky quotes and one-liners we’ve shared. Add a few of them to your next set of wine snaps and see your page light-up!